Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy - New Reciever Setup problems
John742
Hey All,
I am setting up a 5.6 reciever on a windows server. The operation servers is Unix and is also in a Teamsite open API environment. It appears from the manuals that I must run the admin install package before running the reciever install. I have done both and then have made a new entry in the odnodes.xml on the unix server for the reciever. I have also added the bootstrap to deploy.cfg on the windows web server to match the bootstrap listing on the unix box. Next I set Deploy.rmiServerBind to the unix box. Finally I gave access to the unix server access to a depoyment share on the windows web server by making an entry in odrcvr.xml. I am able to log in locally to the open deploy gui locally but it says it cannot contact server(local) Does a web server have to be running for this to test correctly? . I can however set up a new server and admin other reciver/base hosts. The windows web server log shows everything starting up fine with no errors but when I do a iwodserverreset i get an error. Error: ***ERROR - Caught exception in iwodcltmain main(). Details: no such object in table
Please check that the OpenDeploy server is running.
**This is my first attempt at a reciever install that is not part of a base install, so I may have not done something correct, but have no clue what it may be!!! Any assist would be wonderful!! Thanks!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The AdminServer & OpsServer needs to be on the same machine. If this happens to be the same as your Base Server, on Unix - fine.
You do NOT need to install another AdminServer on your Windows system in order to install a Receiver there (in fact, you'll probably run into problems if you do).
You do NOT need to install the AdminServer at all - if you do not intend to use the Admin GUI (it's optional, but useful at times).
If you are trying to use the AdminGUI - to connect to your Receiver - do you have any firewalls between the two servers? If so, you'll need to open up a bunch of ports in order to get this to work (there's a bunch of information in the manual regarding ports and such - check it out).
I'm not sure I understand where you're setting Deploy.rmiServerBind? In what configuration file on what server?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
John742
Ports may be any issue, I will have to check to be sure. Both servers are on the same LAN, of course it may still run through something that is blocking those ports. I have installed the admin module, which I think includes the admin and op server pieces. I guess my main concern at this point is why the local admin gui cannot find the local server to connect to(both on the same pc). Why do you think I am getting the Error when doing a iwodserverreset?
I set the Deploy.rmiServerBind on the local server in the deploy.cfg file.
Thanks for the help!!
John742
I uninstalled all open deploy servers, and reinstalled just the reciever after installing apache. I made the same changes to the config files with the exception of the serverbind setting. This time the iwodserverreset kicked off fine and now I can admin the reciever from the admin gui on my Unix box. All is well so far. Now I just need to set up a workflow in TeamSite to test the reciever. Thanks for the assist!