Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Colouring DCT labels
gzevin
in 5.5.2 we were able to do the following -
<label><![CDATA[<font color="#000000" style="background: #FFFFCC;">Promo Box1</font>]]></label>
that would colour the label appropriately.
Now, in 6.1 it kinda works, i.e. it does colour labels, but the HTML code is no longer hidden.
anyone has dealt with such an issue?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do you want to color different labels differently - or just adjust the coloring of all the labels?
If the latter - I believe the 6.x approach is to modify the stylesheet associated with the UI - if you have Support access - check out
this link
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
just *some* of them.
that code above actually does work in 5 and 5.5.2 and does make effect in 6.1 - but for the seubsequent labels only. I'll try to tweak the code a bit....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
An update- the above trick works only with replicants in 6.1....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
I'm a bit confused - are you saying the stylesheet change for the labels only works for replicants, or that you only *want* it to work for replicants?
If the stylesheet change you made only affected replicants that I'd assume that there is a distinct style used for labels in replicants from that used for labels in non-replicants - and thus you'd have to make more than one style-sheet change.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
Adam,
I DO NOT change stylesheet using UITK - the label change done explicitly via the <label> tag right in the DCT. And what's interesting is that replicants in 6.1 do take part of the code we used in 5.5.2, whereas other fields just put it in verbatim (and 'entity escaped') and this is why it's not displayed as needed.
if you have time, try it yourself - actually in 5.5.2 that change was pretty spectacular - you could visually separate parts of DCT using colours.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
But if you inserted HTML in the labels, a lot of times it was mess up the left tree navigation. I agree it is nice to do sometimes, though. Especially if the customer wants the tree nav removed anyway (via FormAPI).
- Jason
gzevin
the code that I am mentioning was not doing any harm... Try it
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
gzevin
and... in general, it would be a good if one could change colors of certain part of a DCT..
another FR, huh?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
rodigz
I'm reading the 6.5 docs and I can't find a way to have labels that will seperate the fields.
Any idea?
In 5.5.2
<item name="dummyHeading">
<label>Content</label>
<replicant min="0" max="0" hide-name="f" default="0">
</replicant>
</item>
gzevin
has your question anything to do with colouring of labels? Am I missing something?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
rodigz
hi there,
I'm using TS 6.5 and i want to color a label or heading without using container.
Any idea.?
gzevin
I have written a
devnet article
on this. I believe it will still apply to 6.5.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Nicholas
This question is out of thread, but here is the answer
<item name="dummyHeading">
<label>Content</label>
</item>