Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Debugging SCE problems
System
Has anyone ever come up with a good methodology for debugging bad interactions between the SCE tab and javascript in the page. I have an issue where our leftnav code (I think) is messing with the SCE tab and causing it to size itself wrongly and the pull down "More" menu is now presenting itself as a big block, about four times the size of the SCE tab itself with no line breaks between items.
I've glanced through both our code and the SCE code and nothing obvious is jumping out at me. I've tried to get the MS Script Debugger to play ball with me, but the SCE code seems to execute before any of our code, so adding a debugger statement to trigger the MS debugger doesn't work (the SCE tab is already instantiated before the debugger statement is called). I even tried adding an onload event to the body and setting it to debugger.
Anyone have any bright ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
For what it's worth, I discovered that the Venkman debugger included with Mozilla works a little bit better. You can set future breakpoints in it and refresh the page to restart. In the MSSD, refreshing clears all the break points.