Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Missing DCR's after upgrade to 6.5
pkrug
I recently upgraded to Teamsite 6.5. I have noticied that alot of DCR's that previously existed in the Staging area no longer exist and when the user edits a DCR they get the message that "The form 'x' used to create file 'y' has been deleted in STAGING but still exists in your workarea. Do you wish to continue editing the copy in your workarea?".
I have submitted some of the missing DCR's to STAGING but it seems like the message is still occuring.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
After you've submitted the "missing" DCR, what happens when you hit 'Continue'?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
pkrug
They get submitted to Staging.
I have gone though the different areas where my DCR's are stored and submitted them. Users keep reporting to me that files are missing. I contacted support over 3 weeks ago and I have not gotten a resolution (I have been out of town and they have not been available.).
Migrateduser
I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear with my question... what happens to the DCR you're trying to edit when you hit Continue? Does the DCT appear and are you able to edit the DCR or does it big out and does the window close itself?
Assuming this can be chalked up to "weirdness" with v6.5, have you tried escalating it in the support process?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
pkrug
When I hit continue it allows me to edit the DCR. The user then can regenerate the page and everything seems fine.
I just ran a submit on some of the DCR's and it came up with a conflict screen. I can only assume that this is why the files are missing from the STAGING area. I assume that the way that the EDITIONS are created/stored caused the install to not put them in the STAGING area and/or because some of the DCR's exist in one workarea but not another which causes a conflict.
No I have not escalated the case I have a WebEx with support at 10et. I was trying to get some ideas from users to find out what they have seen.
NathansDIS
What platform are you on? We are on Windows 2000 and are contemplating an upgrade to TS 6.5. Please update this case with the results of your interaction with support for posterity.
Thx,
Nathan Sunderman
Washington State DIS
pkrug
I was on version 5.5.2 (windows). I recently upgraded to version 6.5. I have had a few problems after the install but the install went relatively smoothly ( :-) ).
I have gone through the DCR's and pushed any ones that were not in staging to staging.
I am not sure if these DCR's were ever in STAGING it could be that Teamsite was changed to check Staging for the DCR when you edit it.
Thanks for the responses.