I am currently using TeamSite as a master and I am running into some confusing permission problems. Another user with a mater role has created a branch called BRANCH-1 and added GROUP-A as an administrator. This master user is a member of GROUP-A. He then proceeded to created a shared workarea called WORKAREA-A, designated GROUP-A as the group, and added some files. I was under the assumption that because I am also a member of GROUP-A, I would have read/write access to these files but the edit button is disabled next to each file. I have confirmed numerous times that I am a member of GROUP-A, and that my username exists in all four roles files, but I still cannot edit files in this branch.
For testing purposes, another branch, BRANCH-2, was created by a master in GROUP-A with GROUP-A as an administrator group. A private workarea was then created for that user called WORAKREA-A and files were added and then submitted to staging. I then proceeded to create a private workarea under this branch called WORKAREA-B and performed a Get Latest to retrieve all of the files from staging. Even after updating all of the files in WORKAREA-B, which I own, the edit buttons were disabled next to all of the files.
Does anybody have any idea why I am unable to edit these files being that I am a member of GROUPA?
--
Sean Marchetti
smarchetti@hess.com