Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Scheduling Deployments
nnguyen
For several reasons, some of which concern deploying during off hours, we need to implement deployment scheduling. I have seen surprisingly few articles on this topic here in the forum, considering its seemingly wide universal appeal.
I am trying to figure out the best way to achieve this. We have created a custom OpenDeploy interface which provides us some flexibility within the design of the scheduling. The easiest implementation would be to replace the "iwodcmd start ..." with the "iwodschedadd <xml_file.xml> -s 6h...", where we could take the current system time and pass the hours from now to initiate a deployment. Seemingly simple. But when I try to issue this command, I get the following error
***ERROR - Error adding schedule for deployment
with no further details. Am I missing something or is there more to this command than I am seeing. Any experiences using the iwodschedadd and related scheduling CLT utilities would be appreciated.
Dan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of OD, on what platform?
I just tried the following on the Beta version of OD6 on Solaris (what I have easily at hand)
~ >
iwodcmd schedadd test -s 2m
Job ID : 0
Deployment : test
Instance name :
Description :
Parameter subs : none
Begins : 2004/04/06 12:03:02 Eastern Daylight Time
Ends : 2004/04/06 12:03:03 Eastern Daylight Time
Repeats : does not repeat
Is active : true
~ >
date
Tue Apr 6 12:01:16 EDT 2004
and it seemed to work just fine. With more details about your environment and the actual command line you ran, the better chance someone might be able to figure out what's wrong / why it isn't working for you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nnguyen
Thank you for such a quick reply..
This is exactly the command that I used...
> ./iwodschedadd teamsite_04021600312.xml -s 2m
OpenDeploy server host: localhost, RMI registry port: 9173
***ERROR - Error adding schedule for deployment 'teamsite_04021600312.xml'.
After seeing your post, I tried this command
> ./iwodcmd schedadd teamsite_04021600312.xml -s 2m
***ERROR - Error adding schedule for deployment 'teamsite_04021600312.xml'.
...and finally to confirm that there is no problem with our configuration file, I performed a normal deployment...
> ./iwodcmd start teamsite_04021600312.xml
Locating OpenDeploy service.
Got OpenDeploy service
>>>>>-- Start deployment teamsite_04021600312.
iwodstart running in default synchronous mode.
Need to wait for deployment to complete.
>>>>>-- Deployment teamsite_04021600312 finished:
ID: m4 Start time: Tue Apr 06 15:53:30 EDT 2004
Status: Completed
Our environment looks like this:
> uname -a
SunOS atlsptz1 5.8 Generic_108528-27 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
> ./iwodcmd -v
Interwoven OpenDeploy(5.6.0.1.0 Build 21220 Interwoven 20030618)
> top
load averages: 0.04, 0.03, 0.04 16:02:58
81 processes: 80 sleeping, 1 on cpu
CPU states: 94.7% idle, 0.0% user, 2.0% kernel, 3.2% iowait, 0.0% swap
Memory: 4096M real, 1476M free, 859M swap in use, 5185M swap free
Thanks
Adam Stoller
On a hunch - try leaving off the '.xml' from the name of your deployment configuration - and see if that works.
Actually, it's more than a hunch - I just verified that having the .xml on for the schedadd command fails in the OD6 beta too (which I will report)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nnguyen
BINGO!
Thank you so much, as this simplifies my job (adding the scheduling feature) immensely!
Dan
Adam Stoller
No problem - in the future though, I suggest you post OpenDeploy questions in the Content Distribution forum rather than the Content Management forum... more likely to get the right people looking at it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com