Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy and iw.cfg
tsrookie
Gidday all,
Our system admin guy has created what I assume to be deployment profiles.
xml records that he has written to
/web/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/conf
The corresponding entry in iw.cfg under the [openDeploy] section does it point to these profiles
or is their something else we have to do.
I do have a perl script to deploy files but it also references the iw.cfg [openDeploy] section
Regards
Colin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
how about RTFM first, and then we'll be able to answer some questions?
briefly, no, OpenDeploy is a separate product, and, as such, simple deployment should not depend on Teamsite.. You either launch deployment via openDeploy admin GUI or by running iwdeploy from a command line. Again, this is RTFM.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
By default, there is no [opendeploy] section in iw.cfg. I suspect your developer decided to put some configuration in it for his own scripts. You can add arbitrary sections to iw.cfg, and it is a pretty handy way to keep your config in one place and provide a standard API to access it. However, it does mean that we are going to be of limited help in telling you what he's doing without an explanation of his code. If you don't have anyone on site who can do that, you probably need to:
1)Hunt down the original developer and beat him up for not providing adequate documentation, and/or
2)Engage a consultant to fix your specific problem, bring your documentation up to spec, and do some knowledge transfer so that you won't find yourself in this situation again.
Michael
or she
I'm sure there are some female TeamSite developers out there...
Not sure if this helps though....
Cheers
Michael
tsrookie
Thanks Rob,
I did RTFM Greg, thats why I sought help on the forum.
Fortunatley I figured it out after posting yesterday yes its a custom entry in our iw.cfg, it tells our workflow deploy script were to find the deployment xml scripts.
Cheers
Colin
Migrateduser
If he's putting them under od-home/conf, I would be more inclined to get the value of the ODHOME or ODHOME6 (I think the latter is right - they changed it in 6 and I don't recall the exact name), append "/conf" to it and use that. That would increase your portability. OTOH, if you've already got something and it works, don't fix it if it ain't broke.