Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Change STAGING's name?
monk1
Can STAGING be renamed in Teamsite branches? We'd like to name it INTEGRATON or something. It's confusing for our users as we have QA servers that are named staging.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
reddyl
You can cahnge the name of STAGING in iw.cfg file under [iwcgi] section to INTEGRATION.
JonathonG
This is true. However, be aware that most TeamSite folks (outside of your company) assume that this area is called STAGING. So, in your DevNet posts and other areas where you "cross-polinate" with other users, you'll need to remember to let people know what you're talking about when you say INTEGRATION. Also, if you grab any scripts from the download section of DevNet, or from a post someone has, it may have STAGING hard-coded as the name of the staging area (I know that I personally have written scripts that did that). So, you'll need to watch out for that.
I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. Just wanted you to have your eyes open about the potential pitfalls.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
I agree, I've been using this thing for 4 years, didn't know this was configurable (or WORKAREA or EDITION for that matter) and STAGING/WORKAREA/EDITION is certainly hard-coded all over all the code I've written or browsed, including code delivered by Interwoven PSO so I imagine some of their internal tools may as well.
If you just want to change the label in the UI, see if that's possible without affecting the filesystem itself. Otherwise I would suggest that changing it is a bad idea.
Adam Stoller
Actually - if you change the name in the [iwcgi] section - I believe that *only* affects the name that is displayed within the UI - at the file system level I believe the directory name will still appear as "STAGING" - and thus all the various scripts floating around shouldn't have any problem.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JonathonG
Well, I haven't done this, so I can't contest that....
However, if that's the case, I think its even worse. That would mean that the 2 'UIs' to TeamSite would be showing inconsistent information. The file system interface really is another UI. So, if it is showing STAGING, and the Web UI is showing INTEGRATION (or whatever), that has the potential to be even more confusing. What if I have users that use both?
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor