Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI callouts
mk2004
Hi,
Is there a standard name value posted to CGI callout to determine if an edited DCT is saved?
The reason for this behavior is I want to make sure that if a user opens an existing template and edits some sections and clicks on the callout button before saving it then my script should alert the user to save the template and exit immediately.
My TS vesion:- 6.1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
two words: use FormAPI.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
mk2004
I think you got me wrong. I'm aware of the two words Form API (i can check for IWDatacapture.isModified() to determine if the dct is modified). What i want to know if there is a STANDARD NAME VALUE PAIR posted to a cgi callout regarding the status of the template(like iw_dcr_vpath, iw_field_type....)
gzevin
I'm not sure that the pair could be sent to the callout. What I could think of is to modify a couple of hidden DCR elements using FORM API, and then let the callout inspect the values ...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bjorn
I am 99% sure there is no parameter for whether or not the DCR is mod'd. You can see a list of all the parameters passed somewhere around page 89 in the TS FormsPub Developer's Guide. You could also make a quick CGI/servlet that lists that map of name-value pairs to see if there are any undocumented ones.
Anyhow, you could probably reference the form that opened the callout using javascript (like top.opener.getScriptFrame().isModified() or whatever), but that would get clunky and require more than one request to get the value to your servlet/CGI.
So I'd repeat Greg's suggestion to use FormAPI. If you're on 6.5/FormAPI 1.1 you can use onCallout as an event handler to make your own callout window to a servlet/JSP/CGI using FormAPI and javascript.
If you're not on 6.5, you'd have to hack to capture the callout event, I think.
Migrateduser
Why not use onCallout in version 6.x? It's supported there, too.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
Bjorn
Yeah - I guess you could do that too...