Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Validate DCR against DCT
System
On this project there will be a feed of data in XML that should be DCR format. Is there any CLT or custom process (other than opening the DCR through the UI) to validate that the DCRs match the DCT? Think like select values should be in the option list in the DCT, etc.
Thanks,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you're using IWOV style DCRs - I don't think there is any validation tool that comes OOTB (there might be for 6.x - but even then I'm not too sure) - normally XML files are validated against a DTD - which I believe you can still do for non-IWOV style DCRs - otherwise I think you'll have to write your own validator.
The problem stems from the genercized format of IWOV-style DCRs and the fact that *any* valid DCT (and thus any "valid" DCR) can be validated against the IWOV DTD, but in order to validate a DCR against a DCT you need to essentially translate the DCT into a pseudo-DTD and compare attribute values more than element names, with the DCR.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com