Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding a new portlet
ReggieRWalker
Good morning all,
I have got to be doing something wrong! I'm trying to add a custom portlet to CCStd with the following entry in the portal_custom.xml file:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<iwov-portal>
<portal-page id="iw.ccstd.home.portal-page">
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column2.portal-group">
<portlet id="cu.staging.portlet" url="/customer/staging_site.jsp">
<title-bar id="titlebar" type="custom">Staging Web Site</title-bar>
</portlet>
</portlet-group>
</portal-page>
</iwov-portal>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with 'staging_site.jsp' as a snippet pointing to a web site setup to render the branch's STAGING area. Not rocket science right? After I recompile the app, nothing other than the standard portlets show up! What am I missing?
TIA,
Reggie
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mgal
How did you recompile the webapps? With 6.1 iyou have to use make_toolkit.ipl ( just wanted to confirm you are using this tool).
Thxs,
Mohammed Gazal.
ReggieRWalker
Yes, I am using make_toolkit.ipl. One other thing to consider is that the above entry is the ONLY entry I have in the portal_custom.xml file. I didn't think I *had* to start with a copy of the reference portal file?