Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwcp error
herald10
Hi,
From a perl script I am trying to copy a DCR within the same workarea. It reports the following error.
ERROR:02439: Operation not permitted
The code is as follows:
sub createBackup
{
my ($dcr,$currdir) = (shift,shift);
my $cpcmd = "$iwhome/bin/iwcp $dcr $currdir/backup";
my $result= `$cpcmd`;
if($result){die "ERROR in createBackup module\n";}
}
Appreciate any help
Thanks
-H
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Perhaps this will help, from one of our support cases...
The reason for the error you are seeing is because iwcp expects full paths or relative paths. Starting TS 5.5, Teamsite can have multiple stores and hence it is necessary for iwcp to have the full path, starting from /iwmnt.
So, basically the following fails:
tsmdlabsol4% iwcp /default/main/Atlanta/WORKAREA/Atlantawa/FILE2 /default/main/Atlanta/WORKAREA/Atlantawa/FILE1
ERROR:02439: Operation not permitted
while this one works:
tsmdlabsol4% iwcp /iwmnt/default/main/Atlanta/WORKAREA/Atlantawa/FILE2 /iwmnt/default/main/Atlanta/WORKAREA/Atlantawa/FILE1
tsmdlabsol4%
tsmdlabsol4% ls
FILE1 testhomepage.html testpage3
FILE2 testpage2
So if you are using any scripts that use vpaths starting with /default... please change them to /iwmnt/default...
There's a longer, drawn-out, scenario that leads into this (which I can provide if necessary), but if I recall correctly, the first time you do the iwcp command it's fine, but if you try to overwrite, or re-create a file with iwcp you get this error unless you use the /iwmnt path (in TS5 anyway)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Rogerok
When you use command line tool you have to use
vpath
in your command parameters.
you can refer to vpath in CLT pdf document
Roger
vpatel
I am getting the same error which is:
ERROR:02439: Operation not permitted.
I am using iwcp command.
I am using full paths including /iwmnt/default/...
I also noticed that the iwcp command works fine if the target file never existed. But if it existed then I get the error above.
I am on solaris with TS 6.5.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thx
reddyl
I have always had issues with iwcp CLT which did not work in version 5.0.1, I am not sure if this bug was fixed. You can use the regular OS copy to the file and set the extended attributes.
cp /vpath/source/file /vpath/destination/file
iwextattr -s -x /vpath/destination/file < iwextattr -l -x /vpath/source/file
I think all iwcp CLT does is copy the file from one location to another preserving the extended attributes.
~ reddy