Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.1 - prev at doc root redirects to defaut doc
fujitsu
Just installed 6.1 on Windows 2000 Server sp4 - and we can't seem to preview files at the document root level.
The problem occurs only within the root directory of a workarea. When trying to preview any file (for example abc.html, topnav.inc), teamsite displays the default document (for example default.htm, index.html)
It seems that preview of a file is redirected to the default document at the root.
Anyone out there encounter this?
thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I don't know anything about this but curious if you have that "global_default_map=/" in iw.cfg?
fujitsu
yes, its there - I think its there by default.
I commented it out, but still getting the same error.
Migrateduser
You might have to restart the proxy to see if that line has any effect, but I doubt it does. Again I can't help, other than to say try running the proxy in debug mode and see if you can figure it out from there.
fujitsu
Fixed the problem - turns out you can't call workareas "workarea" - the "WORKAREA\workarea\foo.html" confuses the proxy.
Looks like a bug, this setup worked in 5.5.2
Migrateduser
Curious, how did you figure this out? Trial and error, proxy debug, luck, etc.
nipper
>Fixed the problem - turns out you can't call workareas "workarea" - the "WORKAREA\workarea\foo.html" confuses the proxy.
Since workarea is a common name, this better be fixed very soon. We will not be able to move
to 6.1 with it like this.
Andy
Gregg Faus
A workarea called "workarea" eh? Is this something a TeamSite consultant recommended? Seems awful confusing... regardless of whether proxy chokes on it.
nipper
But if you are using a common workarea (actually only on one WA on that branch). BTW, this was
implemented by a IW consultant (I was hired in mid implementation)
BTW, I have a cat named Fido and a dog named Smitty too.
Andy
Migrateduser
but your cat is not named cat, although this should be allowed. Personally I think a workarea named workarea is quite logical - it is unacceptable that the product doesn't support things like this.