Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Task Issues
bradstew
UNC Issue
I used Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite Edition to create some .acv and .alv files for Transformation Tasks. However, when I tried to add the files, I get an error saying that the file name is "not UNC". There doesn't seem to be any options in photoshop or media bin for any conversion, and the file extensions appear to be correct.
XML Encoding
Is there a way to encode or convert XML Metadata taken from a task to a more user-friendly file. After conversion, it looks something like:
<MBREPOSITORYNAME>B04466 S4ARU.tif</MBREPOSITORYNAME>
- <PARAM>
<ID>{E71AE728-145F-11D3-8B26-00C0F0171F2D}</ID>
- <VALUE>
<ID>{EA4C42E4-DC62-11D2-AC36-0060082083FF}</ID>
</VALUE>
</PARAM>
Is there an option to at least get the codes converted to text.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
UNC issue:
Some primitives (PSD layer replacer, Selective Color Adjustment, ...) require you to provide a file as a UNC path, i.e. \\server\share\filename.ext
Hence you must put the file you want to use in the transformation in a share that is accessible to the user running the MediaBin service on the server.
I frankly don't understand why it is not possible to select a file within MediaBin, but that's the way it is.
If you want to have versioning on your .acv and .alv files, I guess that you can store them in MediaBin, and then have Deployment Agent deploy them to the share where the primitive will go. Complicated? Yes.
XML issue:
As far as I know, there is no available option. The XML export was done for Syndication Manager (i.e., for transferring info/files between MediaBin servers).
To get the text corresponding to the IDs, you will have to use the XML exports of the metadata definitions.
Folco Banfi
lyman
Thanks for the responses. They are all dead on.
On the UNC issue, I can only say that these primitives are extremely old (predate AGS for example by several versions) and while it would be pretty simple now to have the parameter files live in MB, it wasn't when they were written. I will keep it in mind in future. I am, however, interested in use cases because my own thoughts were in a somewhat different direction (at least for the adjustment primitives...curves, levels, etc.). Another approach would be for the task to store the parameter file by value in which case you could use a local path. The main advantage would be that if I were to send you my task I would not have a dangling reference. Versioning then could be handled via task versioning.
To be brutally honest, these primitives use a Photoshop exported parameter file because of the time involved in recreating the UI in the Windows Native Client!
The PSDLayerReplacer sort of breaks the mold since a layer template is much more unwieldy than a parameter file.
Thanks for the input!
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MB Server Team
Migrateduser
Yes, for adjustement transformations being able to store the parameter file in the task would be a good solution. Good point about the export/import.
As you said, the PSDLayerReplacer is a different story... In this case I would rather be able to specify a file within MediaBin. Exporting would then be a little more complicated, but I'm sure you guys can work it out
Folco Banfi