Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
filesite integration
guf
Hi guys,
I have a problem with integration of the filesite in outlook. Most of the time if users are not administrator of their computer when i deploy the the filesite the "worksite menu" do not appear in outlook, and icon of DMS Server is not correct.
I am using Outlook XP, Filesite 8.0.5.
This very likely a rights problem but i don't have clue where it might come from.
If someone have any idea it would be great.
Thanks
guillaume
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
STodd
FileSite integration traditionally has required some form of access permissions for registry access, file access, etc. - see the documentation.
I have found that giving 'Power User' rights has allowed the menu to be displayed and integration to work in full, without resorting to giving full 'Administrator' rights.
The easiest thing to do would be to add Domain Users to the 'Power Users' group on your OS image/build - that way, every subsequent user added to the domain, or cloned PC from the image/build, will automatically be able to see the integration correctly.
Steve
Edited by STodd on 11/22/04 00:37 AM (server time).
guf
Thanks for your answer.
But Power User would give too much rights to users.
I can not give them more rights than Windows User.
I know them, I might give them access to the folder or the registry key they need, but I don't know which one they would need.
If someone know which folders and LOCAL_MACHINE registry key filesite need to be able to modify, it would be very helpful.
thanks
guillaume