Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCR Preview
System
In TS 6.1 when a DCR is previewed (view only mode) first a Read Only version of the DCR opens up and then clicking on the Preview link from that window opens up the HTML. Is there any to bypass that middle step? Means I want to go straight to HTML file without bothering to see that Read Only version of the DCR.
Thanks
-PB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
Not that I'm aware of.
The read-only view of the DCR and the preview HTML serve two different purposes. It's not uncommon (at least in my experience) to have fields in the DCR which are not visually represented on the generated HTML page. Bypassing the DCR would mean you'd lose the ability to see that information. It's also possible (although less common) to have multiple presentation templates for a given data type. In that instance, which PT would be used to render the preview?
I suppose you could create your own custom code which does basically the same thing that preview does, but I don't think you'd be able to install it as the default action when a user clicks on the DCR name in the UI. At least, not in a supported way.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K