Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
finding files using perl in teamsite directories
nagendra
Hi,
Trying to find a file under WORKAREA/content/binaries/dirx/a.doc using following code
if (-e '/.iwmnt/default/main/a/b/WORKAREA/content/binaries/dirx/z.doc') {
#processing
}
a.doc was uploaded to teamsite by userA
and perl program file also has been created userA with full permissions
even then perl program unable to find the z.doc
If z.doc has been submitted to staging area then
perl program able to find the file.
can anybody explain me why its so?
thanks
nagendra
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
z.doc was uploaded into the workarea named "content" ?
I'm not sure about workareas - perhaps it would be best to go through the cached mount-point (/iwmnt rather than /.iwmnt) though off-hand it would seem that either should work.
I just did a quick test using perl from the command line to test this on my TS6.1SP1 Solaris 8 system via:
iwperl -le 'if (-e "/.iwmnt/default/main/a/b/WORKAREA/content/binaries/dirx/z.doc") { print "Found it!"; } else {print "Nope!"; }'
and it worked just fine.
Are you sure your path was correct?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nagendra
yes, I am sure about my path
and even for me also on command prompt file find code is working fine.
if i am using
http://hostname
ort/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/testing.cgi
with above file finding code, it works fine.
without the iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi, I am unable to find the file in newly created directories, but once i submit the file I am able to find the file even without iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi in url
I am unable to come to a conculsion really whats causing the problem
is it the ipl/cgi user permissions/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/change of permission on direcotries by submit script
in my script I try to change the permission of directories, files but its giving Not owner, permission denied errors
Adam Stoller
Not quite sure what's happening - but I suggest you try to open a ticket with Support and see if you can provide them sufficient information to be able to reproduce the problem in-house (this will include, among other things: software version information, OS version information, process owner for the TS server, iw-webd, etc., user information, group information, ACLs for branches, workareas, directories, files, and the IPL script)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com