Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem with datacapture.cfg
cliffhanger
Hi,
I was trying to create a datacapture form for a news release in /WORKAREA/work/templatedata/museum/news directory. My datacapture.cfg looks like the following:
<?xml version ="1.0" standalone = "no"?>
<!DOCTYPE data-capture-requirements SYSTEM "datacapture5.0.dtd">
<data-capture-requirements type = "content">
<ruleset name = "News Release">
</ruleset>
</data-capture-requirements>
When I ran iwxml_validate.ipl on this file, it kept giving me "datacapture.cfg not well-formed at line 1, column 0" error. Can anyone tell why it might do that when it looks syntactically alright? OR what is it that I am doing wrong here?
Thanks,
-Cliffhanger
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lhdavis
Shouldn't it be "<!DOCTYPE datacapture SYSTEM "datacapture5.0.dtd">", using datacapture in the DOCTYPE instead of data-capture-requirements? That might have been a change with 6.0. Also, don't you need to specify the name "news" such as "<data-capture-requirements type = "content" name="news">? You might need at least one item in your ruleset as well (didn't have the 5.0 dtd handy to check. Just my $0.02.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Dwayne
Make sure that the <?xml ... > line starts right at the left margin. If there's a space before the <, then it's not valid XML, at least according to the parser that Interwoven is using. Not sure if that's a part of the standard or not.
The rest of the lines don't matter, but it does for the control instruction line
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
lhdavis
I looked at the 5.0 dtd and the name is IMPLIED and you can have zero or many items. So I would follow Dwayne's advice on checking for spaces or special characters.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
cliffhanger
Hi,
Before I could try out the suggestions already posted, I am having another trouble here!! When I do DIR in the \WORKAREA\work\templatedata\safari\news\ directory I see the datacapture.cfg, or when I try opening the file from the command prompt, it opens it fine, but when I was running iwxml_validate.ipl on it, it says "No such file or directory". I checked the permission on the file and also its properties, they all look in lace.
Any idea why iwxml_validate.ipl can't see the file?
Thanks!!!
-Cliffhanger
Dwayne
My guess is that is in fact finding datacapture.cfg. The file that it's NOT finding, I would guess, is the DTD. Try running it with the
-well
paramter, which tells it not to validate against the DTD, and only check for well-formedness
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
cliffhanger
Thanks! Once again you're right!
-Cliffhanger
cliffhanger
hi,
what's the difference between using "<!DOCTYPE datacapture SYSTEM "datacapture5.0.dtd">" and "<!DOCTYPE data-capture-requirements SYSTEM "datacapture5.0.dtd">"? I was using data-capture-requirements at the first place because that's what it suggests in the tutorial
But oddly enough in the sample templates that came with the software, they're using "datacapture" instead.
Thanks
-Cliffhanger