Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DataDeploy 6.0 Internal Deploy Name
mstevens
Page 21 of the DD 6.0 Admin Guide:
Running a DataDeploy deployment configuration using the iwodcmd start commandline
tool:
iwodcmd start DataDeploy_configuration -k iwdd=internal-deployment-name
The iwdd parm seem to do nothing. This is forcing me break out all of my datadeploy configs in to their own file! Anyone else having this problem?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
I think the command in the docs should read "iwodstart" not iwodcmd start.
thanks
Adam Stoller
NO - iwodcmd start is the correct way to use the tool as of 5.6SP1. iwodstart is the "old" way - and while it can still be used, you should probably try to avoid doing so.
iwodstart will invoke a brand new JVM every time it's run.
iwodcmd start will NOT invoke a brand new JVM every time it's run - ergo, more efficient, less likely to run into memory / too-many-open-file problems.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
sorry. the 'iwodcmd start' and 'iwodstart' are equivalent.
now back to your scenario.
If the DD config has something like: (i'm just using xml-source as example)
where there are multiple "internal" <deployment>'s defined
you actually need to specify the -k iwdd param in order to
specify the internal deployment you want run.
so, eg.
iwodcmd start <name-of-cfg> -k iwdd=ddxml3
<data-deploy-configuration>
<client>
<deployment name="ddxml">
<source>
<xml-source area-type="os-filesystem"
area="C:\Interwoven\OD601\OpenDeployNG\examples\testcontent"
xml-type="custom"
options = "wide"
>
</xml-source>
</source>
<destinations>
<xml-formatted-data file="C:\Interwoven\OD601\OpenDeployNG\tmp\xml_to_ddxml.out" />
</destinations>
</deployment>
<deployment name="ddxml2">
<source>
<xml-source area-type="os-filesystem"
area="C:\Interwoven\OD601\OpenDeployNG\examples\testcontent"
xml-type="custom"
options = "wide"
>
</xml-source>
</source>
<destinations>
<xml-formatted-data file="C:\Interwoven\OD601\OpenDeployNG\tmp\xml_to_ddxml2.out" />
</destinations>
</deployment>
<deployment name="ddxml3">
<source>
<xml-source area-type="os-filesystem"
area="C:\Interwoven\OD601\OpenDeployNG\examples\testcontent"
xml-type="custom"
options = "wide"
>
</xml-source>
</source>
<destinations>
<xml-formatted-data file="C:\Interwoven\OD601\OpenDeployNG\tmp\xml_to_ddxml3.out" />
</destinations>
</deployment>
</client>
</data-deploy-configuration>
mstevens
I understand the command line syntax... My problem is when I start datadeploy the "internal" name is not picked up (Yes I am using the '-k iwdd=internal-deployment-name' arg) . It seem to default to the name of the "cfg". So the only way I have found around this is to break out each "internal" deployment into its own cfg (cfg file name and the single internal name being the same). Back to my original question, Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a bug?
Migrateduser
Hi,
In the example I provided in my last post, the name of the cfg file and the internal name of the deployment are not the same.
Is it possible for you to attach your config file, and give more info on your configuration setup.( running the server in serial/threadper branch mode, if you have the server with more than one instance)
Thanks
Migrateduser
Just installing OD 6, I found that my .cfg files had to be renamed to .xml and then everything worked. Could this be your problem?
Migrateduser
I believe if you move the DD config files beneath <od-home>/conf, then you need a .xml extension.
But if you leave the DD config files elsewhere and create "wrapper" configs under <od-home>/conf, then the DD config file can have the .cfg extension.
I didn't see anything in the migration section of the DD 6.0 guide that explicitly point this out, so I've filed a doc bug.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com