Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Bug or Customization?
System
IWHOME/iw-perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/TeamSite/PT/iwov_xslt.pm contains the following code around line 373:
my $lc_xsl_file = $iw_parser->utf8_to_osenc( $xsl_file );
system "echo cp $lc_xsl_file $tmp_xsl >> /tmp/peek";
copy($lc_xsl_file, $tmp_xsl)
The system line seems like a debugging statement. I don't know if this was inserted by a consultant here or if this was released by Interwoven. Permission issues on the temp file can cause the append to fail, which causes TPL compilation to generate output such as:
sh: /tmp/peek: cannot create
Since the custom generation process interprets any output of a TPL as error, this is recorded as an error.
Can someone check their version of this file (iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 17976 Interwoven 20030323 on Solaris) and see if it has this command? I don't want to remove it on the dev server if this problem is going to reappear in production (so I would want Interwoven to remove it), but I also don't want to change the generate process to ignore this specific bug.
Thanks,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Not in ours:
iwversion: 5.5.2 Build 23679 Interwoven 20030813
(Solaris 2.8, SP4 plus a patch or two, but I do not think that was changed)
What are the perms & timestamp on that file ? Different from others ?
# XalanTransform can't deal with multibyte paths, so copy $xsl_file
# to a safe location.
my $lc_xsl_file = $iw_parser->utf8_to_osenc( $xsl_file );
copy($lc_xsl_file, $tmp_xsl) <----------------- Line 373
or TeamSite:
Tparser::error("iwov_xslt could not open:\n$tmp_xsl");
system "$iwhome/bin/XalanTransform $tmp_xml $tmp_xsl " .
"1> $tmp_data 2> $tmp_err";
unlink $tmp_xml;
unlink $tmp_xsl;
nipper
BTW, why can't you create a file named /tmp/peek
is it already there ? You could chmod 666 /tmp/peek if you
need that debug.
me
Migrateduser
Thanks. Permissions were rw-r--r--, root/other, last opened this afternoon, but I have since opened them to get past this issue in dev. I will disable the temp file (which I don't have any need for) but just wanted to be see if this would come back at me in the prod environment.
Migrateduser
The file is already there (the create message is apparently inaccurate - it should say unable to append). I will just disable this line and hope that this was a local customization.
Thanks again,
-John