Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGI question
summergs
Does anyone know how to pass the value of a DCT field to cgi?
I see that you can acquire the value of the item making calling (iw_item_value)
but I capture the value of any other field.
FYI....I Currently have:
use TeamSite::CGI_lite;
use TeamSite::Config;
my $cgi = TeamSite::CGI_lite->new();
$cgi->parse_data();
my $form_name = $cgi->{'form'}{'iw_form_name'};
my $element_name = $cgi->{'form'}{'iw_callback_var'};
my $user_name = $cgi->{'form'}{'user_name'};
my $item_name = $cgi->{'form'}{'iw_item_name'};
my $item_description = $cgi->{'form'}{'iw_item_description'};
my $dcr_name = $cgi->{'form'}{'iw_object_name'};
my $pathinfo = $cgi->{'form'}{'area_path'};
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hitc
If I understand well,you want to get the values of the others fields?This is only possible trough javascript or XML parsing.For the xml,the dcr must have been saved otherwise you will not be able to parse it (logic).When you use a call-out,a javascript function is launch and post only the value of the field to wich is associated the call-out button.
For the javascript you can use the following code to parse the dcr values.
var calloutForm = eval($form_name);
var calloutElementFound = false;
//search for the xml_field (element_name)
for ( i = 0 ; i < calloutForm.elements.length ; i++ )
{
alert(calloutForm.elements
.value);
}
summergs
Correct. The XML DOM only works if the DCR is saved. The other problem is that using a inline command ONLY works if the field is empty. So I am trying to use the cgi wrapper to process the info via perl and send the value back to the DCT. I am trying to invoke an ipl to to calculate file size of a file entered in another field. Unfortunatly, the file that is attached using the Uploader cgi, only returns the ceiling directory path and not the full path that I need to send to the IPL in order to determine the file size.
Any Ideas?