Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy 5.5.1 on Solaris 2.9
RichieRich
We're using Open Deploy 5.5.1 with Solaris and trying to deploy some content and set certain permissions on the files & folders. In the open deploy script we are using:
<permissionRules file="0775" directory="0775" group="web" user="iwov"/>
But it appears to be ignoring the masks we want to use. Is this a bug or am I missing something? In a worst case scenario, we could create a script own by root with no access to others to do a chmod, but this would be defeating the purpose of permissionRules.
Any insight or information into this problem is greatly appreciated.
-[ Richie Rich ]-
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Make sure you're running the OD receiver as root user.
Although I doubt it's related, OD 5.5.1 isn't supported on Solaris 9. This platform wasn't certified until OD 5.6 SP1.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
RichieRich
Thanks for the input, but the OD receiver is running as root. Are there any problems related to this type of issue or could there be something I'm over looking.
-[ Richie Rich ]-
Adam Stoller
What are the permissions coming out as? (is it a consistant value or does it seem dependent upon the permissions of the files / directories on the source side?)
What is the umask value for root on the receiving side? (could be that the values are affected by the umask rather than being absolute values)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
RichieRich
The umask for root is 0000 and below I list the permissions for the folders and files that are being created.
[user@server]$ll
drwxrwxr-x 6 iwov web 512 Mar 10 13:32 mys
[user@server]$cd mys
[user@server]$ll
drwxrwxr-x 6 otheruser group 512 Mar 10 13:32 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 iwov web 512 Apr 9 20:48 ..
dr-xr-xr-x 2 iwov web 512 Apr 9 20:49 contact
dr-xr-xr-x 3 iwov web 512 Apr 9 20:49 help
dr-xr-xr-x 2 iwov web 512 Apr 9 20:49 holding
dr-xr-xr-x 2 iwov web 512 Apr 9 20:49 survey
and the deployment script has the following:
<permissionRules file="0775" directory="0775" group="web" user="iwov"/>
On the source server, the files have drwxrwxr-x for directories and -rwxrwxr-x for files.
-[ Richie Rich ]-
Adam Stoller
(I'm just taking shots in the dark here - that's about all I have time for - sorry)
Ignoring '.' and '..' since you are deploying files within "mys" and that directory pre-existed the deployment (yes?) - the directories on the source side appear to be 775 and on the target side they appear to be uniformly 555 -- are you sure the root's umask is '0000' at the time that the OD receiver process is started?
The results you're showing look like what would happen if the umask were set to '222' or perhaps '220' (since you're specifying '5 for the last bit)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
RichieRich
We double checked what the umask is for root and we found out it is 0022. The initial umask of 0000 was from the id command which we kicked off no a dnrScript within our OpenDeploy script. That might explain why we have r-x for group and other, but why would owner have r-x also?
I'll dig into the teamsite documents further in hopes to find a reason for this. I might need to dig into the OD 5.6 documents and release notes.
Thanks --fish! You've been very active on this forum for some time. I always appreciate your time and assistance.
-[ Richie Rich ]-
nipper
One Q, what are the source permissions ? If the owner does not have write perms before, I do not think it will add them
HTH
Andy