Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
start metatagger server remotely
System
Using iwmtadmin CLT or metatagger client API, I can shut down the metatagger server, or stop/start child server identified by its server port. But client side tool can not remotely start the main metatagger service. This makes sense since if the main service is not up, it can't handle any client request.
I need to replace db files into db_home programmactically. Base on the manual, since a running metatagger server holds locks on these db files, I need to first stop the metatagger server, then copy the files, then restart the metatagger server. The metatagger server might not be on the local machine where my program needs to run under. Is there a way to remotely restart the metatagger server?
In fact, I just tried to replace a db file while the server is running, and I did not get any error message about sharing violation. So do I really have to stop and restart the server?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bturns
If you have OpenDeploy you can do the following:
1) Deploy and Run before deploy stop the MT server
2) Deploy .db files
3) DNR after deploy restart the MT server.