Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Predecessors and activation inconsistent?
mcdoma2000
I am SO frustrated. I am attempting to call a DCT from within a workflow. I am *attempting* to follow the instructions in article 2231 "Editing Templating records as a workflow task," but the information given is just not enough to go on.
I am currently getting a message "Predecessors and activation inconsistent EditContent" message. I assume this means that TeamSite doesn't like the combination I have.
NOTE: I am only attempting currently to call the show_env.ipl file for debugging, but I cannot even get there yet!
Attached is my workflow file...
Mark McDowell
AEGON USA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
It appears that the EditorReview step is hosed.
It says successors are EditMetaData and QA_Review
However EditContent and QA_REeview mark that as pred.
Successor should be EditContent (I think)
Also, EditorReview has pred - EditContent, should be EditMetaData
HTH
Andy
tsrookie
Hi Mark,
Colin here I would like to view the technical article you are referring too, when I type in the article id 2231 in the search it appears invalid could you check it or forward me the link please mate.
Thanks
mcdoma2000
Here's what worked for me:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=2231
Mark
mcdoma2000
I need the flow to be as show below. Is that possible?
EditContent---<----+-----<-----+
V | |
EditMetadata ^ ^
V | |
EditorReview-----+ (reject) |
V |
QA_Review--------------------+ (reject)
V
Submit
V
Delay
V
Deploy
V
End
Adam Stoller
Look at the code you posted - look at all successors and predecessor statements and you'll see that you have places where the two don't jive.
Unless you are using concurrent tasks - you should probably just remove the the activation clauses (along with their predecessor statements) altogether and you'll find life a lot easier.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mcdoma2000
>>Look at the code you posted - look at all successors and predecessor statements and you'll see that you have places where the two don't jive.
Is there a place in the documentation that *clearly* states what is allowable and what is not in the successors, predecessors, and the activations? I have been reading, and not found it yet.
>>Unless you are using concurrent tasks - you should probably just remove the the activation clauses (along with their predecessor statements) altogether and you'll find life a lot easier.
Remove the activation/predecessors statements from *which* tasks. I'm sorry if I'm being dense, but I am just not getting it yet.
Essentially, I want EditMetadata to always follow EditContent. EditorReview passes to QA_Review if approved, back to EditContent if not. QA_Review passes to Submit if approved, EditContent if not. Is this possible?
Mark
mcdoma2000
Note also that EditMetadata is NOT setting extended attributes (EA's) via Tagger GUI, but creating a separate file which will deploy to an Oracle10g XML database.
Mark
Adam Stoller
Let's try this again - Read your wft to understand the in-and-out-transitions for each task - FIX them - and then ask questions about the rest of the wft.
Predecessors
Task
Successors
Comments
EditorReview
or
QA_Review
EditContent
EditMetadata
this is a start task
EditorReview is listed as a predecessor for EditContent, but EditorReview does not transition to EditContent.
EditContent
EditMetadata
EditorReview
or
EditContent
This is also a start task.
This task can transition to EditContent but EditMetadata is not listed as a predecessor for EditContent
EditContent
EditorReview
QA_Review
or
EditMetadata
EditorReview can tranisition to EditMetadata, but EditMetadata does not list EditorReview as a possible predecessor. At the same time, EditorReview is listed as a possible predecessor for EditContent, but EditorReview does not transition to EditContent.
EditorReview
QA_Review
Submit
or
EditContent
QA_Review
Submit
Delay
Submit
Delay
Deploy
Delay
Deploy
End
Deploy
End
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mcdoma2000
Thank you for your help. My workflow is now to the point where I just need to get the DCT editor (EditMetadata) to come up. I removed the activation settings for EditContent, and made the changes mentioned.
Adam Stoller
At this point I'd suggest you create a new thread and post your question about the functionality there.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rodigz
I have no idea why it is giving me this error.. see attached file.
<!-- - - - - - - - - - - Create Body files - - - - - - - - - -->
<externaltask
name="Create File"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Generate Body files"
>
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$area_vpath'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description="Submit">
<succ v="Submit"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="Create body files error">
<succ v="Pre_Email_Failure_Notification"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v='__INSERT__($cmd_create);'/>
<activation>
<or>
<pred v='Attach'/>
<pred v='Admin'/>
</or>
</activation>
</externaltask>
<!-- - - - - - - - - - - Generate RSS - - - - - - - - - -->
<externaltask
name="rss"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Generate RSS"
>
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$area_vpath'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description="Submit">
<succ v="Submit"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="Generate rss files error">
<succ v="Pre_Email_Failure_Notification"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v='__INSERT__($cmd_rss);'/>
<activation>
<or>
<pred v='Create'/>
<pred v='Admin'/>
</or>
</activation>
</externaltask>
nipper
you may want to put the WFT in debug mode and generate an XML file and post that.
Adam Stoller
...
<externaltask name="
rss
" ...>
...
<activation>
<or>
<pred v='
Create
'/>
<pred v='
Admin
'/>
</or>
</activation>
</externaltask>
The error message says that activation and predecessors for task
rss
are inconsistant:
Do you have a task called
Create
?
Does that task transition to
rss
?
Do you have a task called
Admin
?
Does that task transition to
rss
?
Do you have any
other
tasks that transition to
rss
?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rodigz
i'm using 6.5 in windows. How to put it in debug mode?
thanks
Adam Stoller
i'm using 6.5 in windows. How to put it in debug mode?
Read documentation - search forums - take training
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jbonifaci
First off, I would strongly recommend taking a training class if you can't figure out your predecessors and successors or turn on workflow debugging.
Secondly, posting only the task in question does not help with this kind of error. Which you would know if you knew the basics of workflow, but since you don't, the safest thing is to always post the entire script in question. So you will either need to post the entire workflow template file or the output from debug mode, which you don't know how to do. So your best bet is to attach the wft file.
~Jeff
nipper
First off, I would strongly recommend taking a training class if you can't figure out your predecessors and successors or turn on workflow debugging.
ya think ?