Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI stopped working??
System
Hi Devnetters -
I've been working on a datacapture template for the past couple month or so, and on the FormAPI portion of it for the past 2 weeks.
Late last week, I restructured the templatedata directory in one of the branches I'm working on and made the corresponding updates to the templating.cfg file. Everything went as planned (I get prompted for the correct dct, the dct previews through the correct pt..), BUT I now get no FormAPI interaction. At all.
At this point, I'm trying to recover to a sane state so that I can get any FormAPI interaction back. I've rolled back to a previous version of templating.cfg, and am trying to get the most basic dct to show the 'hello world' example out of the FormAPI manual. A 'view source' of any of my dcts shows no evidence of the script portion of the dct.
I've checked that FormAPI is enabled in iw.cfg and have run iwreset -a 2 times now.
I'm running TeamSite and Templating version 5.5.2 SP3 on Solaris. I'm using IE 5.50 on Win2K. I've also opened a support case.
Ideas? This is a bit of a drag!
Thanks,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I've now narrowed this to a browser issue. In the Opera browser on my PC, the FormAPI / Javascript interaction works just fine - but on IE 5.5.0, no luck. I'll post the (most likely simple) solution to this once I figure it out..
Wally
Migrateduser
Is your FormAPI embedded in the DCT or pulled in with a script tag, or is it generated by an inline? Generating FormAPI using an inline does not seem to be supported in IE5.5 (but works in IE6).
Migrateduser
Hi again -
It's not verified yet, but it looks like I've encountered a known issue caused by the application of an IE security patch. There's an available patch for TeamSite (#1433) that counters it. D**n patch wars!
I'll update this posting again when I resolve this.
Thanks,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Migrateduser
Hey again -
I applied 552 SP4 and then TS patch 1453 and then TST patch 1433 last night (on Solaris - loads of fun). Most of the FormAPI functionality of my datacapture.cfg page is now working again.
However, the window.close() javascript call doesn't (doesn't close the window), using IE 5.5 with the MSIE patch Q824145 applied. I don't have the option of modifying the IE environment as we're in a 'managed' environment.
Any javascript / IE experts out there know what's going on? Closing the window with the window.close() should be pretty straightforward..
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Sri
I doubt this is anything specific to Templating or FormAPI. You can do this to rule it out: write a simple javascript that uses window.close() in some HTML file. You can add this call in one of the javascript event handlers (ex: onblur(), onKeyDown() etc..). If it doesn't work, then the problem is with your IE + windows configuration. If that is the case, you can also try searching Google groups to find others with similar issue.
If this call works outside of FormAPI, but not with FormAPI, then try posting you script [the relevant part, ofcousre]. Perhaps, someone here can look for any obvious problems in your script.
Sri