Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Moving file from 1 workarea to another in workflow
infoForDj
Hi,
I have to move a file from one workarea to another from within a workflow. I have used update task to do this. Now, I want to remove the file from the source workarea. How do I do this since the update task does not delete the file from the source workarea?
Thanks,
Dhruv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
just delete it. if you need, you'd need to submit the deletion as well.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
But rememeber - you either need to do this with an externaltask script (that can be instructed to operate in any area or areas) or you need to set up tasks that reference the source area to take care of the files in the source area - as distinct from the tasks that run with the target area (more complex to develop).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
yep, I know that..
I actually gave a similar advice recently
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
infoForDj
Hi,
I tried finding out as to how to delete content from a workarea through an external task but could not. Can you please help me out as to what to do in order to delete the content from the workarea through an external task?
Thanks
Dhruv
gzevin
a little hint - use iwupdate in your external task.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
infoForDj
Hi,
I checked on iwupdate from the following link.
http://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/html/600/ts.600.clt.unix/03_devTools75.html
However, I couldn't find anything that will allow me to delete the content from the source workarea. I also tried deleting content using the 'rm' command from the command prompt but that also failed.
Is there any other option that allows deletion of files from the source workarea.
Thanks,
Dhruv
gzevin
you *SHOULD* be able to delete the content using either rm from the command line or using 'unlink' from perl. It's either your path is not correct, or permissions or something else.
when I reffered you to iwupdate, I meant submission process after deleting a file. iwupdate works as submit as well.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
Greg - are you sure about that "
iwupdate works as submit as well
" ? The usage information for iwupdate clearly states:
... dst_vpath specifies a path to a workarea. (dst_vpath may specify a path to a file or directory in a workarea if the area-relative portions of dst_vpath and src_vpath are the same.)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
well, thanks for the correction, firstly.
yes, I was talking about iwupdate in a different context, I meant that updating one workarea to another in fact is similar to the submit process. but it does not apply here.
iwsubmit should be used here instead
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU