Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Restricting fields on a DCT
MarkWh
Hi,
I can see how I can restrict access to a whole DCT based on role etc, but is it possible to restrict certain fields to a given role? If so can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Inside the datacapture.cfg file, you can use the <allowed> element to restrict access to a specific field based on either userid or role - I'm pretty sure this is covered in the manual.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
sachin_sharma78
Is it possible to have role based restriction on values of a field? I mean i have a drop down in which i have five values say
<select>
<option value="one" label="one"/>
<option value="two" label="two"/>
<option value="three" label="three"/>
<option value="four" label="four"/>
<option value="five" label="five"/>
</select>
so is it possible that editor can see options (one, two, three and four) and author can see (one and two). These values are not hardcore as they come from ipl file.
Regards,
Sachin
TS 6.1.0 and win 2k3
Michael
Hi Sachin
I assume you are saying that your ipl is called via an inline in your DCT. If so, then your ipl script will inherit the environment variable IW_ROLE that contains the role of the current user.
You could use this in conjunction with your appropriate business logic to return a subset of the options.
Hope this helps.
Michael
sachin_sharma78
Thanks Michael for the quick reply. yeah ipl is called via an inline script in my DCT. I wonder if there is some way to get the "groupname" of the current user and put group based restriction on the values of dropdown and I have one more DCT in which i want to populate the drop down with the name of all the groups reside in teamsite server. so can it be done
regards,
Sachin
sachin_sharma78
After searching in forum i came to know about perdoc Win32API::Net and perldoc Win32::NetAdmin. But I cudnt find these modules any where. Though there is an example on
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50247
on Win32API:Net but I think its not sufficent. so can anybody tell me the link to find more details on these docs.
Regards,
Sachin
Adam Stoller
Are you sure you're running IWHOME/iw-perl/bin/perldoc ?
It's possible you have another version of perl installed somewhere (or IWHOME/iw-perl/bin isn't on your PATH?) and thus can't find the documentation for those modules.
Failing that try
Win32::NetAdmin
and
Win32API::Net
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com