Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Copy loses extended attributes
jcopple
In one of our TeamSite environments, we have generated some files from our datacapture templates and we wanted to copy them into a new folder using the TeamSite copy menu item, however when we tried this the copied files lost the extended attributes that had been previously been associated with them.
I check in our other 3 TeamSite environments and copy functionality works fine, without losing the extended attributes.
Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening?
Were currently running TeamSite 5.5.2
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Did you use copy or copy to area ? Copy to area will move EAs.
THere are a couple of perl scripts floating around that will move EAs as well.
HTH
Andy
jcopple
I used Copy, as we wanted to copy an existing directory to a new location within the workarea and still retail the original directory.
I don't think I can do that with Copy to Area
Jeremy
Hi,
I just did a "Copy" here (5.5.2 on Win2K) and it also copied all the extended attributes.
Works for me...not sure what the problem for you is though.
Jeremy
ts_user
It also works for us on TS 5.5.2 SP3 W2k and TS 5.5.2 SP4 Solaris. What OS and Service pack are you on?
gzevin
copy from the GUI *is supposed* to wrok. Are you sure you've done everything properly? if so, you should talk to support
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU