Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow Take Task Back Functionality
pacer11
Does anyone know why the Take Task Back Functionality is Disabled or Grayed out.
Maybe it's just my installation but would anyone have any ideas on how to activate or un-gray out this option?
Teamsite 6.1 SP1 (CCPRO)
Solaris
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Take Back Task functions only under certain conditions - if those conditions don't exist then it makes sense that the option is greyed out.
Do you know what the task transition flow looks like in your workflow?
At what point are you attempting to take a task back?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pacer11
Hi,
Thanks for responding...
I have used this functionality before in previous versions of Teamsite and I know to use them only for usertasks.
So I have a usertask that transitions to another user task and when this transition takes place and I for whatever reason they need to go back to the previous task, I want to be able to do so with this functionailty.
I thought this was the purpose of this function but maybe I was wrong...(or it changed between versions??)
Adam Stoller
I believe that it will work fine as long as the next user has not yet interacted with the task in any way.
I have not tried this out specifically in TS6 - so it's possible that there's a bug there - but I'd suggest you make sure with some tests where you can control what happens on both sides of the transition to verify what's happening.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pacer11
Hi,
I just realized that the task has more than one successor and I believe that somewhere it mentions that the "Take Task Back" Function will not work with more than one successor.
So I guess that was where my problem lies..
Thanks for your help!