Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Reusing PERL across DCTs
mattpr
In TeamSite 5 Templating, how can I reuse a set of common PERL subroutines
Here is my DCT:
<iw_include pt="../../common/perlroutines.inc" mode="ptlocal"/>
<iw_perl><![CDATA[
iwpt_output(simpleRoutine());
]]></iw_perl>
And here is the code I wish to move out to a common file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<iw_pt name="Common PERL routines">
<iw_perl><![CDATA[
sub simpleRoutine {
return "Works!";
}
]]></iw_perl>
</iw_pt>
I receive the error message
Template Preview And Generate Error:
Could not process template: Y:\default\main\branch\.[snipped]..tpl
:\default\main\branch.[snipped]..tpl
Can anybody suggest a solution please?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you want to re-use Perl routines - write a Perl Module - put it somwhere within the
@INC
path and then reference it within your PT within an iw_perl section. e.g.:
<iw_pt name="foo"/>
<iw_perl>
use MyCompany::MyPTMod;
# ... use subroutines from MyCompany::MyPTMod from this point on ...
</iw_perl>
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mattpr
Thank you
gzevin
or just use perl pragma
require
, if one does not want to write a module, but rather just include some code.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Tim__D
I'm found this post because I need to do something similar but mine is not working.
use Company::Company_template_util;
my $defaultID = Company::Company_template_util::ranString(10);
This is causing the page to error? Any ideas?
Tim__D
Nevermind all I solved it
require Exporter; etc...............