Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
tmplJavaBrowserSwitch.cgi exists?
mcdoma2000
I am using TeamSite 6.5, and attempting to use tmplJavaBrowserSwitch.cgi. I cannot find it on the machine where I installed the software. I was assuming that it was somehow embedded in iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi, but am now thinking that it actually should exist as a separate cgi file. Does anyone know for certain?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Have you looked in IWHOME/httpd/iw-bin/ ?
If you don't see it there - it would also be helpful if you told us what version of TS you were using on what platform.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mcdoma2000
I am using TeamSite 6.5 on Windows platform. I looked in the iw-home\httpd\iw-bin directory and it doesn't exist. Is there any other information that is needed in order to help me resolve this?
I will apologize right now for earlier posts that offended anyone. I was feeling very frustrated (under pressure at work - aren't we all?), and didn't take the time to ensure that my posts were worded appropriately.
Johnny
That sounds like an old TeamSite product file that came in 4.5 for the java templating interface.
I believe all of the java templating interface was completely removed from the system in 6.5
You probably need to give some background on what this workflow etc was originally trying to accomplish
John Cuiuli
mcdoma2000
I was trying to force our authors to create metadata for OUR purposes (not TeamSite extended attributes) using a DCT. I have not found a way to do that - and support tells me that it's not doable in TS 6.5. Argh.
Adam Stoller
Let's start over.
You want to have your users set metadata on certain assets - yes?
Generated files, DCRs, non-templated files (PDFs, Word, etc.) or some combination of all of these ?
Are you driving this requirement via a workflow?
If so - the DCT for metadata is in IWHOME/local/config and you can certainly make certain fields required - and I believe the CGI is something like iwmetadata.cgi
If you want, you can also have an externaltask following the cgitask to make sure that the user actually populated the required fields in the metadata capture form.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mcdoma2000
The idea is to take the metadata (wherever we capture it) and turn it into XML based on our schema, for deployment into an Oracle10g XML database. We need the XML to be in our format.
I was asked by management to try to do it without using datadeploy, etc. for reasons unknown to me. It is becoming clear that using the built-in metadata capture is more likely to be a "best practice" with TeamSite, so I will be bringing this up in a status meeting this morning.
I appreciate everyone's help in this. Trying to do something in a "non-standard" way often results in frustration levels, eh? And I was definitely there...
Adam Stoller
Setting the metadata is one part.
Formatting the metadata to be transferred to a DB is another part.
The latter could be done with a script using iwextattr and Perl DBI (or perhaps coding it in Java) - or it can be done with DataDeploy. If you do use DD, then the question becomes do you use DD in stand-alone mode or do you use DAS to automate the transfer of data. (if you're going to follow-up on DD/DAS - I suggest posting in the deployment forum)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com