Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Verity intergration with Metatagger
asianknight_7
Does anyone know a good step by step documentation regarding integration of Verity search with Metatagger? Has anyone done it ? Every time we talk to Interwoven, they just want us to pay for their professonal service group.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I lead a project in which we integrated MetaTagger and Ultraseek. We did bring in Interwoven Professional services for 3 days to implement it. I believe that there was another option which was to buy the integration solution directly from Verity. I can't remember why we chose to go with Interwoven's solution, but I think it boiled down to the fact that the cost was just about the same, but the Interwoven solution provided more customization to our specific needs.
It really was a quick implementation from Interwoven. And, when we found a couple of issues, Interwoven provided quick fixes even after they were off-site. If you're looking to custom code it yourself, I'd guess that your company will spend more money for you to figure out exactly what needs to be done to integrate than to just bring in PSO. I do not advocate brining in PSO often, but in this case, because it's such a specialized situation, I would recommend that path.
- Jason
TheSmigster
If (PSO == Mike Lauruhn) then I can second your opinion. He's terrific.
Migrateduser
I agree that Mike L. is good for MetaTagger and taxonomies, but for integrating with Verity, I'd recommend Dwayne Bailey. Very sharp and has clearly done a number of these integrations.
- Jason
bturns
We just finished doing an Integration with Verity here. Our users love the ability to control search results
The integration includes:
- auto tagging documents on a nightly basis
- allowing users to manually update tags
- deploying all tags to the Verity server on a nightly basis and re-indexing all the content.
Hamjam
Even Metatagger does all this.
HAM