Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
"Take" task link
System
Hi,
I need to move “Take” task link to a more visible location in Group Task Details screen. Our users (and me) have really hard time locating the “take” thing in that screen. Have anyone of you done it?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brandon1
I think that you will find it easier to add an email task prior to the to group task in your workflow that has the appropriate URL that a user can click to 'take' the task.
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
gzevin
I also have been asked by the users to do the same. Well, the problem will go away with a aprticular user after second use.. however, I do agree, the take link could be easily lost somewhere in the middle.
but I have not got an answer for you.... I could not find how to do it
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
NathansDIS
The take link being small and hard to find is a common gripe of first-time users here as well. However, once they find it, they don't usually forget it. I wish IW would consider making the default 'take' command a button or something else that would actually imply that it was supposed to be an interactive UI element.
-Nathan
Washington DIS
Migrateduser
Hi,
A nice guy has provided me a solution (and he wanted me to post the solution here for everyone):
1. Insert the following lines after "<iwov-ui> <globals>" in ui-custom.xml:
<link description="Take Task Ownership" url="/../iw-bin/wdpro_menu.ipl/generic_taketask.cgi" windowFeatures="width=400,height=150, location=no, menubar=no, status=no, toolbar=no, scrollbars=yes, resizable=yes" id="cu.customer.taketaskownership.link" label="Take Ownership" target="_blank"/>
2. Put the generic_taketask.ipl file into httpd/iw-bin folder (I am not sure if I should post the file here; please drop me an email if you need the file.)
3. Recompile the GUI, the "Take Ownership" link will show up under Task screen/Actions menu. The down side to the link is the link will not become inactive even after someone has taken ownership of the task.
Regards,