Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
remove folder from Staging in TS 6.1
syim
We just have TeamSite 6.1 dev server set up for evaluation recently. I was trying to delete a folder from Stagnig by submitting the deleted folder from the workarea. However, the submit encountered conflict, so I am not able to remove the folder from Staging. May I know if any of you have encounter this problem? Is this an know issue in TeamSite 6.1?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
RTFM
override conflicts
coschtl
I have the same problem!
For some reason some (not ALL, no reproduceable situation) folders can't be deleted in my WA.
I am doing the following:
- delete the folder TESTFOLDER in the WA
- Submit the folder to the Staging area with the option "override conflicts..."
-> A second screen is displayed which says that there are files in conflict (TESTFOLDER)
- I chose "Override All"
Result:
- I my WA the folder is marked for deletion (NOT deleted!)
- In the Staging area the folder is present and NOT deleted
Seems like a TS 6.1 bug...
Migrateduser
I talked to some folks in Engineering who have seen this problem occasionally as well. We don't have a set of steps to reproduce. If anyone has a way to reliably cause this problem, please post it here.
Thanks.
lissa
coschtl
Seems to be a already known bug in TS 6.1!
I opened a support case and they told me that bug number 54441 addresses a problem with "non deletable folders".
I will post the solution here!
Stephan
coschtl
To all who have the same problems:
I had opened a support case on this and now got a solution.
The problem is caused by a bug in TS 6.1.
Feedback from the support team:
"It was caused by a bug (#57130). Basically we leave stale locks (i.e locks with no files associated with them) in some occasions. In TS 6.1 for other reasons we filter out these locks during iwlistlocks. As a result no one can see these locks. However this filtering code was not applied in all places such as submit. We are trying to get a fix for this into TS 6.1.0SP2 (currently due to be released mid to late December).
Note that in TS 6.5.0SP1 we will also make sure that on a directory deletion all locks under the directory get deleted (bug #54441). We cannot do this in 6.1 because it requires a backing store format change."
Solution:
The engineers have developed a CLT to locate the stale locks inside a branch. After listing them one is able to remove the locks using iwunlock.
Ask the support team for the "iwstalelocks.exe" tool.
Regards,
Stephan
Migrateduser
Stephan,
Thank you for the summary.
Here is an update. Unfortunately this bug (#57130) will now not be fixed in TS6.1.0 SP2. We could not do that because the fix would have introduced other problems. We are fixing it in 6.5.0 SP1 however.
If anyone encounters this problem they should first try the steps in our Knowledge Base Article 53059:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=53059
This will work in the case of a normal locked file.
If this does not help then there may be one or more "stale" locks (i.e. locks with no files associated with them) in the directory. In TS 6.1 for other reasons we filter out these locks during iwlistlocks, which means they cannot be seen. Our Engineers have developed a CLT to locate the stale locks inside a branch. After listing them one is able to remove the locks using iwunlock, and then submit the deleted directory. Open a support incident with one of our Support Teams, and ask for the "iwstalelocks" tool (there are versions for TS 6.1 and 6.5, on Windows and Solaris).
Regards,
Tim
--
Tim Porter
Interwoven Technical Support Engineer, EMEA
brave
This problem exists in TeamSite 6.5 SP1 as well. I did a Knowledge Base search for DeleteDirTagsBkgJob and got zero results before. I'm adding DeleteDirTagsBkgJob to this thread so that others who encounter this problem will be able to find Knowledge Base article;
Edited by lissa on 07/26/05 11:08 AM (server time).