Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
callServer from onSaveValid
cliffhanger
Hi,
The "evergreen" onSaveValid issue....I make a server call from my onSaveValid function. How do I resume my save?
I know I could have a resumeSave() method that gets called by the CGI script, but how do I continue from there? I find this problematic for newly created DCR case. IF it were in edit mode, simply calling IWDatacapture.save() would've done the trick, but when DCR doesn't have any name, IWDatacapture.save() does nothing.
How can I make my template prompt the user for a DCR name in the resumeSave() function?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
-cliffhanger
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What does this CGI script do? Could you call the CGI script after the save has completed (ie. in the onSaveDone event)?
The other option is to put your call to the CGI script in the onSaveNameSpecified event...
--Daniel
cliffhanger
Hi Danie,
that's an idea, but unfortunately probably wouldn't work in my case. the CGI script return some value(s) that needs to be set to some of the DCT items, so can't really call it after onSaveDone.
-cliffhanger
cliffhanger
No thoughts
JonathonG
You might want to try this suggestion that was posted earlier:
The other option is to put your call to the CGI script in the onSaveNameSpecified event...
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
cliffhanger
Thanks for bringing it to my attention!!! Yesterday when I posted this problem, I was too tired and I missed the solution from Danie's suggestion.
Thanls John!! I think onSaveNameSpecifed will do.
-cliffhanger