Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Branch ownership and Solaris group
johnjamesmarsh
TS 5.5.2 on Solaris 8
Here is the situation. I have a branch (one of many) owned by the user iwov and group shared to the group dehr. the permissions on the branch are 771. If I do an ls-ad on the branch it shows "tsadmin" as the group owner. if I do an "iwattrib dehr group" the owner is reported as the group "dehr". The branch was created with "dehr" as the group owner through the Teamsite GUI. The users are members of the "dehr" group. The users are editors and cannot see the branch. I have just chowned the branch (chown iwov:dehr /iwmnt/default/mian/dehr) and they can now see the branch and edit the files.
Anyone got an explaination? Unix says one thing, Teamsite says another. Which one is correct? I have also noticed that when you lo in as a different user the ls -ld reports a "dehr" as the group owner.
Regards
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
There's a setting in /etc/iw.cfg (can't remember the name right now, and I don't have a reference manual in front of me) to get around the NFS limitation of 16 groups per user. Perhaps you have that turned on? If so, then that might explain the behavior that you're seeing. I don't
think
that it's enabled by default, so it would have been something that was explicity set.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
The iw.cfg option is: map_secondary_to_primary_gid
By default the value is 'no'
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Even if they did set this flag, it would only affect the appearance of group ownership when you did an
ls
from the shell. The behavior of the group ownership would not change. In other words, the members of the group the branch is actually shared with, according to TeamSite, would still be able to access the branch. I'll tell you it's annoying working in the shell when this flag is turned on. That's definitely one of the things I really liked about Documentum when I went through the training last week - you can't access any files in the repository from the filesystem. All the access and control of your assets are handled through the app. But I digress...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
johnjamesmarsh
map_secondary_to_primary_gid=yes
So I think Dave might be right.
nipper
>map_secondary_to_primary_gid=yes
>So I think Dave might be right.
Don't say that, it will go to his head
heck even a broken watch is right twice a day.
Migrateduser
Actually I wasn't sure which part I was right about, so my brain is stuck in an infinite loop. I'm not sure if I was right about how the group stuff should work or if I was right about Documentum. I bet Interwoven hates when I mention Documentum. But they did do some very smart things...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com