Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Windows 2000 Incompatibilities
System
TeamSite 5.5.2 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP3
Our IS team is wanting to do a series of "Critical" OS patches on the TeamSite server. I've informed them that Win2K SP4 is incompatible, but are there any specific hotfixes or patches that I need to make sure that they don't install?
Thanks,
Jason
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ts_user
Jason,
Our Administrator installed the following Microsoft patches on our Teamsite production server (TS 5.5.2 SP3 + TS patches, W2k SP3) and we did not have any issues due to these patches
MS03-048, MS03-049 and MS03-051. We decided not to install SP4 due to known incompatible problems.
Migrateduser
Thank you. This was helpful, but I'd still like a comprehensive list of all patches known to cause issues.
Thanks,
Jason
mfritsky
We installed Microsoft's critical updates over the weekend, and now we're seeing sporadic issues on our production server. The worst problem was that the TeamSite service crashed in the middle of the day yesterday. We hadn't seen any such issues since we got TS 5.5 up and running about a year ago. We're running TeamSite 5.5 on a W2K SP3 server.
We're trying to find out from Interwoven if they're aware of any issues with Microsoft's security patches, but I haven't heard anything yet. Since TS 5.5 is incompatible with W2K SP4, I'm concerned that there's also some incompatibility with one of the patches. Hopefully Interwoven will release a list of supported patches soon.
Migrateduser
Here's what I've found out:
The apparent incompatibility with SP4 is due to the way SP4 changes the way impersonation users behave. From everything I've read, there are no hotfixes or patches that cause this issue without installing W2K SP4. We installed 2 security patches on the W2K SP3 server here and there don't seem to be any issues: MS04-011, MS04-012
- Jason
Adam Stoller
We're trying to find out from Interwoven if they're aware of any issues with Microsoft's security patches, but I haven't heard anything yet. Since TS 5.5 is incompatible with W2K SP4, I'm concerned that there's also some incompatibility with one of the patches. Hopefully Interwoven will release a list of supported patches soon.
What version of TeamSite? 5.5.??
What TeamSite SP level ? 0, SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5 ?
I believe W2k SP4 support came in TS 5.5.2 SP4 or perhaps SP5 - if you're not running the version that's supported for that OS - either remove the MS patch, or upgrade the TS.
If you are running the version that's supported for that OS - keep on top of Support and let us know what you find out.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mfritsky
We're running TS 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP3. I was mistaken that our TS version would not support W2K SP4, however our operations group has not yet rolled that out to our production servers. Microsoft did list W2K SP3 as a supported version for their security fixes.
Maninder_IBM
As far as I know TS 5.5.2 SP5 is compatible with Win2k SP4.