We have a workflow with these steps:
- AuthorEdit in Branch_1 to create a file
- Review_1 in Branch_1
- ExternalTask to:
- copy the file (and its DCR) to Branch_2;
- regenerate it to have Branch_2's appearance;
- attach it to the workflow job (attached with a path relative to the job's workarea like this: ../../../Branch_2/WORKAREA/etc)
- Review_2 to review the Branch_2 file (the Branch_1 file is irrelevant for this reviewer)
- Review_3 to review the Branch_1 and Branch_2 files to make sure they are suitable for submission
- Submit the files in both branches
The two branches don't have the same directory structure and are for different websites.
All this works except that the Submit task can't submit the file in Branch_2 (the Branch_1 file submits correctly).
Is there a way to have a single Submit task that can submit files from more than one branch?
I'm aware that I could probably do something similar by replacing the ExternalTask and Review_2 with a nested workflow that creates, reviews and submits the Branch_2 file. However, we have a business reason for needing to have both the Branch_1 and Branch_2 files submitted at the same time, ideally immediately after Reviewer 3 has finished the review. I suppose we could have a second nested workflow just before the Submit task that does the Branch_2 submission, but I'm wondering
if there's a neater way that doesn't involve two nested workflows?