Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
how to load a calendar.cgi for metadata datacaptur
nandihno
I downloaded a calendar.cgi (z_calendar.cgi) to display a pop up window with a calendar to populate dates.
However this seems to work on the datacapture.cfg of templating.
In the metadata captue form I want to run this cgi...for some reason it cant.
Any suggestions??
This is what i have in my datacapture.cfg file (for metadata)
<item name="Date">
<description>Enter date in mm/dd/yyyy format</description>
<text required="f" >
<inline command="iwperl.exe E:\interwoven\teamsite\custom\bin\z_calendar.ipl"/>
<cgi-callout
url="/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/z_calendar.ipl"
label="View Calendar"
window-features="width=200,height=230,resizable=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no"/>
</text>
</item>
However it is not displaying at all....
any help most appreciated :-)
Thanks... ;-)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TS are you using?
If pre-6.0, I don't believe that the MDC DCT accepts inline's (there have been threads on this before, I don't remember the answer right now) ... unless you are also using MetaTagger.
Also - I'm not sure you need the inline there anyway - but you do need to make sure that z_calendar.ipl lives in IWHOME/httpd/iw-bin/ (not IWHOME/custom/bin/)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
This wirks finr in both 552 and 6x:
<item name="Date">
<label>Date Article Should be reviewed</label>
<database data-type="DATE" data-format="yyyy-MM-dd" />
<text maxlength="10" required="t" validation-regex="^[0-1][0-9]\/[0-3][0-9]\/[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$" >
<cgi-callout
url="/iw-bin/z_calendar.ipl"
label="Choose Expiry Date After Which This Article Should Be Reviewed"
window-features="width=200,height=230,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no"/>
</text>
<description>This determines what date this article should be reviewed by Oasis approvers in the future. For example an article that you think will n
ot be valid in 3 months should be set for 3 months out.</description>
</item>
nandihno
Thank you guys for your suggestions.
However I cant see the button on the metadata form (placing the xml entries above on datacapture.cfg)
Is it possible to display populate data from the temaplate form to the metadata form??
gzevin
Adam,
I replied to you then - yes, the global datacapture.cfg also accepts inlines.
I could not make it work with CGI callouts, though... They get launched but they do not return the value in the same manner they do this in a DCT
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
The 'inline' was, I believe, a "red-herring" in this case - the issue has to do with callouts in the DCT to run the z_calendar.ipl script.
The pre-6.0 OOTB MDC form followed, I believe, datacapture4.0.dtd - which appears to have <callout> elements.
The 6.0 OOTB MDC form follows the datacapture6.0.dtd - and has <callout> elements as well as <cgi-callout> elements, but the latter are indicated as being deprecated (the attribute lists are identical as far as I can see).
The 5.x Templating DCT form follows the datacapture5.0.dtd which (unfortunatately?) indicated that the <callout> element is deprecated in favor of the <java-callout> and <cgi-callout> elements, and as we should all know by now, the <java-callout> element was deprecated by being EOL'd over a year ago.
All versions of the DCT DTD that I see in a 6.1 installation (datacapture4.0.dtd, datacapture5.0.dtd, and datacapture6.0 DTD have/support a <callout> and/or <cgi-callout> element (only the 5.0 and 6.0 varieties support <inline>)
My guess is that the problem being experienced now has nothing to do with <callout> or <cgi-callout> being accepted, but something more localized to the customized usage of the element within the DCT and/or the script being refrerenced.
To aid in debugging, I suggest you try to create a real trivial MDC DCT that contains a single field for the data, using the callout, and see if you can get that to work - if you cannot, then you need to post that (the streamlined) DCT back to the forum for us to poke at again (though my hunch would be something to do with the script attempting to be run rather than the DCT)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com