Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dynamically set command element of external task
infoForDj
Hi,
I need to find the files which are attached to all the active jobs through an external task. I am able to do so. Now, I need to send this list of files as a message in the email. This mail facility has been incorporated through an external task, so I need to set the command element of the email external task through the external task in which I am generating the list of files. Is it possible? How do I go about implementing this?
Thanks,
Dhruv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you're using iwsend_mail.ipl - you only need to set the task-level variables to include additional information - if you're talking about the body of the message, you might want to actually create that in a temporary file and set the appropriate task-level variable to point to that file for the body of the message.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
infoForDj
Hi,
I want to set the command element of an external task once the workflow is instantiated. Do we have something like setOwner($name) {this sets the owner of the task once workflow is instantiated} which will set the command element of an external task.
Ex:
I have something like :
<command v = "/opt/teamsite/local/config/wft/abc.pl"/>
and I want to change it to
<command v = "/opt/teamsite/local/config/wft/def.pl"/>
from within another external task.How do I do this?
Thanks,
Dhruv
gzevin
it could not be done AFTER a WFT has been instantiated. However, I could think of a wrapper script that would invoke any of your scripts based n the value of the workflow variable, that could be set in another external task.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU