Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Parsing tempating.cfg
PaulMac
Guys and gals,
I'm looking at parsing the templating.cfg file to pull out a list of templates available to a particular user and/or location (as part of a workflow).
Do any of you know any tools that can do this, know how to do this (or have done this)?
I can currently pull out a list of all of the templates but this isn't quite what we're after at the moment unfortunately.
Cheers,
Paul Mac
--
Paul Macdonnell
Interwoven Developer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I have not done this particular file, but you could always use XML:
OM to get what you want... There should be somewhere IWOV's templating best practice document, that I co-authored when I was with IWOV - there are some XML:
OM examples there.
if you need that document, buzz me and I'll mail it to you.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
You might want to take a look at TeamSite:
TemplateParse.pm - the description from perldoc on it is:
TeamSite:TemplateParse.pm - parses templating.cfg. Gets the categories, data-types and location regexs for categories and data-types.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Johnny
take a look at this
link
It contains a modified version of DTemplateParse that returns the extension as well.
It also assumes only one PT per DCT, that way you can automate generation quite easily.
If there are more than one PT, it will return the first one (or the last?? cant remember)
Let me know if you would like to look at a generation script that uses it.
John Cuiuli
PaulMac
Thanks fish. Looks almost exactly what I'm after.
I'll have a good run around with that one.
Cheers.
Paul Mac
--
Paul Macdonnell
Interwoven Developer
PaulMac
Cheers Johnny.
I'll have a look at TeamSite:
TemplateParse (as per fish) first and see how I go.
If I run into (too many) problems I'll have a look at your module.
Cheers.
--
Paul Macdonnell
Interwoven Developer