Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems with datadeploy
Jayant
Hi
I am trying to run datadeploy and facing a strange problem. I have mapped a column in the table to the field in the DCR which is a VARCHAR2 column. As soon as I try to deploy the data into the database, I encounter an error where datadeploy tries to convert a string to a decimal value. This happens although the column is defined as VARCHAR2 in the database. It is mapped as VARCHAR2 in the datadeploy config file. This problem does not happen with all VARCHAR2 columns but only a few of them. Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks
Jayanta
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jayant
Just FYI, the error has occurred only those column which are initially INTERGER (Database datatype) and later changed it to VARCHAR2. DD config file remains same with datatype VARCHAR. I had tried to deploy content using mismatch datatype initially (when database datatype was INTEGER for those columns) but now datatypes are perfectly matched with VARCHAR in both side (dd config & database datatype) but still datadeploy is throwing error while deploying new content.
Where does datadeploy store the cache? How to clean/delete the datadeploy cache?
Thanks
Jayanta
----------ENV---------------
Datadeploy: 5.6.0
OS: Sun-Solaris
Database: Oracle
------------------------------
Migrateduser
Jayant,
Can you clarify the datatype change? What do you mean it was Integer but then was changed? Who changed the datatype? Did DD create the table in the first place? DD doesn't cache the datatypes. Send your logs and config files. Is this a standalone deployment (non DAS)... When table names are long, DD creates a mapping table IWOV_IDMAPS ... that maps the table name to a short name... and it's the short name that is the actual table name it uses.. so there are peculiarities with how DD handles this.
Mariam
kingfisher
Hi Jayanta,
Datadeploy does not cache any datatype of any column.
I believe you would have changed the type "INTEGER" to "VARCHAR2" in your "dbschema.cfg" file alone. This wont serve your purpose unless you delete the corresponding "<datatype>_dd.cfg" file and run iwsyncdb.ipl -initial on this again.
By the way - are you Jayanta Mandal working for eForce?
KingFisher
Asscociate Consultant,
Polaris Software Lab, Chennai.
http://www.polaris.co.in/
Jayant
Hi KingFisher,
Thanks for your response. I can tell you that DD config file was perfect from very begining and not changed any time, whereas datatype in database table has changed from INTERGER to VARCHAR. Let me explain the scenarios:
1. In database table, datatype for 'created_by' column is INTEGER and datatype in DD config file for that same field is VARCHAR. I tried to run datadeploy and it fails.
2. Now datatype in database table is changed to VARCHAR (so now it's matched with DD config datatype), DD config file remains same. While executing datadeploy (standalone) it throws ERROR, says .....
"ERROR:NumberFormatException occured while converting [root] for column [provider_info_created_by]. ................. Converting 'root' to DECIMAL ..."
Just to inform, datadeploy DOES CACHE datatype of the columns. There are attributes like "schema-helper-cache-size", "schema-helper-cleanup", "schema-helper-cleanup-interval" to optimize the caching operations (Re. to datadeploy admin guide). I would like to know where it is cached these informations and how could I delete those?
Thanks
KingFisher, you are absolutely right, I am Jayanta mandal of eForce. May I know who is KingFisher?
i_like_smile
Hi Jayanta,
While performing transactions (insert, delete, update), DataDeploy converts column values that are in the string format to the actual data type of the column in the target table. For this purpose, it uses the DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() Java API to retrieve metadata information about columns in a table. To minimize repeated execution of this Java API, DataDeploy maintains a cache.
Have you tried to set schema-helper-cleanup="yes" in database element in your DD config file? When set to yes, DataDeploy creates a thread to monitor the cache and to remove least recently used objects from the cache when it becomes full.
Thanks and I hope this helps.
Li
Li
Interwoven Certified Professional
Interwoven Inc.
http://www.interwoven.com