Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Blank DCT Window/Norton Internet Security Professi
System
Posting in case someone searches for "Blank DCT window".
iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 17976 Interwoven 20030323
I have a DCT that is composed of several inlines interspersed among many normal templating items. Today, only on one machine (IE6 on WXP - this is our targetted environment for CMS users, but the problem also shows on Mozilla 1.6), using this DCT to create or open an existing DCR results in a blank window (only the title "TeamSite Templating Data Capture Form" is visible - there are no frames, button images, etc. and the FormAPI does not execute). The source of this blank page is attached. A similar blank window shows when trying to view the DCR in readonly mode. Other DCTs work on this client, only this one has problems. Through process of elimination it appears that once the DCT data (number of items plus number of options per select item - this one had a huge select list) exceeds some limit I get the blank window, otherwise the DCT works. Running iwdctacleval shows no errors, but using this output to overwrite the original DCT (which eliminates inline code and their performance impact as potential contributors to the problem) does not solve the problem of the blank window. I do not see any error messages in the UI or any logs. By looking at the HTML source of the the blank window which contains this:
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function SymError()
{
return true;
}
window.onerror = SymError;
//-->
</script>
I determined that Norton Internet Security Professional (which I probably patched recently) may be involved. I tried configuring the firewall so that it would not take action on pages served by the CMS server but that didn't help. When I disabled the whole Symantec application the problem went away, but this is not a viable option (any number of clients may have any number of applications installed, including this one). Also, if this software were the issue I don't understand why changing the DCT woudl make any difference.
Anyone seen anything like this? Suggestions other than contacting support?
Thanks,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DavidMusser
Wow same issue in an old post. Did anyone solve this?
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
DavidMusser
Issue solved for BlackIce/Proventia. You have to add the TeamSite server to the trusted sites of Internet Explorer.
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01