Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SOAP server throwing error 500
System
TS 6.1 Win 2K
I'm trying to use SOAP to query the workflow engine.
My code (and sample code as well) which was working fine earlier has suddenly started throwing following error
=====================================================
Unable to initialize CSClient object
Caused by: com.interwoven.cssdk.common.CSException: ((500)Internal Server Error)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.client.axis.common.AxisExceptionTranslator.translateException(AxisExceptionTranslator.java:76)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.client.axis.access.AccessServiceAdapterImpl.beginSessionUsingPassword(AccessServiceAdapterImpl.java:62
at com.interwoven.cssdk.client.axis.common.AxisFactory.getClient(AxisFactory.java:219)
at
PendingWorkflows.initializeClient(PendingWorkflows.java:287)
====================================================
Has anyone encountered this error?
What could be the cause?
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
There are a couple of reasons that could happen -
The SOAP server is down. To check this, make sure that the "Interwoven Web Daemon" is running, and also check to see if the process - fcgiwaspc.exe is running. If not, check the <iw-home>/iw-webd/logs/error.log and see if the error message can tell you something.
The other reason is that the SOAP server does not have a valid license. This can be entered during TeamSite installation or added later to the <iw-home>/cssdk/cssdk.cfg file in the entry - cs.soap.license; If you do add the license later, you need to restart the "Interwoven Web Daemon" service.
Hope this helps
Best Regards,
Narendra
Migrateduser
Thanks Narendra.
The web daemon was running fine (I was able to conenct from browser).
fcgiwaspc.exe was running (there were a few instances of it running).
The SOAP server had a valid license as it was working all the while.
Anyways...
The problem got solved when I restarted the machine.
Migrateduser
Actually, now the server has started throwing this error every once in a while.
If I restart the server (not even Teamsite services, the *server*), then it starts working fine again.
Has anyone encountered this earlier?
TIA
stimpy
Same here.
It started to happen 2 days ago. Today no problems (and nothing has changed).
We are running TS6.0
If I reboot the server (re-boot Windows), everything works.
Glad you are having the same problem tho! :-)
coschtl
I have the same problem. The SOAP service seems to be dying unpredictable.
Another solution (I don't like rebooting ;-) to solve this issue is to stop the iw-web daemon and then kill all instances of fcgiwaspc.exe
After restarting the web daemon the soap service runns normally on our win2000 box.
Stephan
Migrateduser
Is there anything in any log? just trying to see what might be going on.
lissa
coschtl
I could only find these two line in side the webdaemon error.log:
[Fri Oct 08 10:09:11 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] FastCGI: comm with server "c:/iw-home/cssdk/wasp4.5.1/bin/fcgiwaspc.exe" aborted: idle timeout (30 sec)
[Fri Oct 08 10:09:11 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "c:/iw-home/cssdk/wasp4.5.1/bin/fcgiwaspc.exe"
I didn't spend much time on the Content Services. I just wanted to know what can be done with it. So I set up the SOAP service. And two days later the SOAP server didn't run anymore. Furthermore the release notes say that the SOAP server has memory leaks. So perhaps it's better to wait for the next release...
Stephan
lhdavis
Was there ever any resolution to this issue? And did you open a support case for it?
We are on TS 6.1 SP1, W2K SP4 and attempting to upgrade to patch 1553. However when we load the latest version of the /iw/iw-home/cssdk/fastcgi/libcssdksoap.dll, we are seeing this same exact issue. If we replace the patch's version of this .dll with our original version, all is right in the world.
I've had a support case open now for 23 days (and counting) related to this issue. If you did open a support case as well, it would be great if I could refer to it.
Any and all information would be much appreciated.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
coschtl
Until today we didn't really need SOAP functionality, so I didn't spend more time on this issue.
But if your case gets solved, it would be nice, if you could post the solution here...
Regards,
Stephan
lhdavis
Stephan,
Thanks for the info and I definitely will let you know how my case ends up (assuming there ever is a resolution...currently at "second-level support" or "Tech Spert team").
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
lhdavis
Just thought I'd post an update...
We're on day 46 of the case now with Engineering involved.
Somedays I feel like I'm on "Survivor" and just want to get voted off.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
nipper
I'll vote you off. No problem.
BTW, you are lss than half way to my current issue, been researching for > 110 days