Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iw-store -- is it upgraded from 5.5.2 to 6.1?
wadis_julia
Is the store affected by the 6.1 upgade (from 5.5.2)? If *so,* do we need to do anything to the 5.5.2 store before copying it to a new 6.1 server? If *not,* can we plan to roll-back easily if there are problems with the upgrade?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I suggest you make sure you have a good backup of the backing store before upgrading - as a safety net if nothing else.
I seem to recall that the backing store's version id changed with 6.x such that it was not backwards compatible, but I am pretty sure that there is no "conversion process" necessary to go from 5.5.2 to 6.1 (check the matrix on the support site regarding which versions of 5.5.2 are supported for upgrading to 6.1)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
bturns
I've heard similar things to Fish.
From what I've gathered.
- 5.5.2 backingstores will work on 6.x
- once you start using the 5.5.2 backingstore on 6.x, little changes will be made to your backing store (almost a run time conversion). Once 6.0 starts to write to the backingstore you cannot bring the backinstore back up on a 5.5.2 server.
Migrateduser
The above statement is correct. Once you go to 6.x you cannot run that store on a 5.5.x server any more, but no conversion/migration steps are needed.
You can move a 5.5.x store to a 6.x system.
lissa
wadis_julia
Thank you all. Much appreciated!