Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
single_browser_window attribute !working
LooseCannon
TeamSite 6.1 SP1 on Solaris 8
Our shop has recently started "playing" w/6.1. Besides some of the known issues, testing has gone well.
However, I did find a potential "bug": the single_browser_window=false setting in iw.cfg seems to be ignored when using the CC Standard interface.
Anyone else experience this? Is it a known bug?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I can't seem to find that flag in the Admin Guide. What is it supposed to do? Can you point me to the page where it's documented?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Ah I found it - it's in the
Configuring WebDesk Pro
section. That's a big hint for ya. Evidently this is a legacy flag that is used for WebDesk Pro only. Perhaps the behavior in CCPRO is not configurable anymore. This is not the only thing that would be different between CCSTD and CCPRO, if indeed they do perform the same action differently. Welcome to 6.X!!! Prepare to be frustrated....
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
LooseCannon
page 147 of
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/pdf/610/ts.610.admin.unix.pdf
It controls how a file is previewed, either in a new window or not.
LooseCannon
I really hope you're wrong Smitty...
In 5.5.2 this setting does control the preview behavior in both WebDesk Pro and WebDesk one would expect it to apply to CC Standard & Pro. No way can Interwoven expect the user to interact with TeamSite in one window!
Migrateduser
Well I have been known to be wrong once or twice before, but if this flag applied to the CC UIs, you would expect it to be in with the rest of the configuration flags, not in the section specifically for WebDesk Pro. In my experience, CCSTD is quite a different beast than what we're used to, if you are comparing it to WebDesk Pro. I don't think CCSTD pops up any new windows except for the wizards. When you execute a cgitask, for example, the CGI form takes over the TeamSite browser. This is a treat especially if you have code in your CGI script that closes the window when you finish the form. Say goodbye to TeamSite when you do that. You could be right and it's just a typo in the document, but I have a feeling I am right on this one.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
LooseCannon
Apparently Interwoven knows best
Page 110 in the User Interface Customization Guide states:
"
Configuring Preview Windows
This is not available in (and does not really make sense for) the ContentCenter GUIs."
So it made sense for WebDesk but not CC??
jed
Anyone file a feature request for this? My users are starting to ask for it now...
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems