Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VisualAnnotate email reviews not working
stevekrys
Hello,
I've just started playing with VA in the configurable_author_assignment and configurable_author_submit WF's. So far so good, BUT the email notification does not work. Just looking through the setup data for VA there seems to be no clear direction for enabling this. Am I missing something? I'll dig into the TS ADmin manual in the meantime but I would appreciate any feedback from those who have gone down this path before. Thanks in advance.
Steve K
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The configurable workflows tend to use the IWHOME/local/config/wft/solutions/iw_solution_email.ipl - which uses the IWHOME/local/config/wft/solutions/email_map.cfg file.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
stevekrys
Yes. Thank you. I did a bit more digging. Email notification seems to be working now. The email_map.cfg is in place. Outlook is having a tough time digesting the "From" though. I get the email, plus a bogus "Undeliverable" message from Outlook.
Adam Stoller
There may be some issues where the mail is being sent *by* one user (the process owner of the email script) and *from* another user (whomever was configured to be the 'from' address) and more and more mail servers are treating this as highly-suspicious behavior. One possible fix is to insert the following code somewhere around line 804 of iw_solution_email.ipl:
$ENV{MAILADDRESS} = $from_email;
I did something similar in a copy of iwsend_mail.ipl on one of my servers and it seemed to fix things at the time.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com