Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 6.0 and performance
princefarming
Has anyone experienced poor performance on AIX or any other platform with TeamSite 6.0. We're currently implementing TeamSite for the first time, and we've had some folks with TeamSite experience say that it's performing a little slower than on windows. This is from the user perspective, rendering workareas, previewing windows etc., it just seems a little sluggish.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
Solutions Developer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pflory
Hi Michael,
I have witnessed fast & snappy client side performance on both Windows and Solaris, TS versions 6.0 and 6.1.
Never saw how AIX performed though.
Did you have a TS 5.5 environment to compare against?
-Paul
Paul Flory
princefarming
Thanks for responding Paul, No we haven't compared it against anything else yet. And Snappy is not the way I'd describe it's performance.
I'm starting to think that your suggestion might be the best way to assess this, I may need to look at it on other platforms, or even earlier versions.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
Migrateduser
You might want to verify a vanilla install performs as expected, no special workflow customizations, etc. That might be another starting point. You could also check log files for possible issues, both TS logs and possibly network logs. Liekwise check your system requirements, disk, memory, swap, etc.
Just some thoughts on places to look.
lissa
princefarming
Thanks Lissa, we've pretty much checked all those points. The box itself is sized for a much larger application then is currently there, so memory and disk space can't be the problem. I just compared TS 5.5.2 on windows 2000 - SP3 (P3 - 600MHZ, 392 MB RAM - running on a dev server), to our TS 6.0 on AIX 5.2 (IBM p630, 64-bit , 2 - 1.2Ghz CPUs, 3.3 GB RAM). Both servers have minimal branches & workareas. No customized workflows.
There is a noticable difference between the two, everything is faster on the TS 5.5.2 box. It's at least 2-4 times faster. When I say faster I mean all the windows render faster, the submit to staging is faster, login - faster, everything. So i have to wonder is this an AIX problem or a TeamSite one.
Anyone know of a tool to measure client side click-to-glass response?
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
Adam Stoller
What about network considerations? Are the two servers on the same physical network with respect to the client machines that are accessing them? Is there any difference in terms of routers and/or firewalls between the clients and servers?
You might compare traceroute / tracert results as a first pass, and maybe get some local network admins involved too ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
princefarming
Thanks Fish,
I'm going to follow your suggestions and have our networking people test the connections. I appreciate your input.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group