Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwnewjob.cgi
GregOrf
What does iwnewjob.cgi give me over just instantiating a workflow? Couldn't find any documentation on it.
I want to make my first workflow task a cgi and not have to run iwnewjob and streamline the user experience. Can anyone give me some words of advice?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure what you're asking. You say you want to make the first task a cgitask but you don't want to run iwnewjob ?
Are you talking about using iwnewjob *for* your cgitask?
Somewhere you have to instantiate the workflow - if you don't need to prompt for any information you can create a job description specification (XML-only) and use iwnewjob -i to "compile" and invoke it.
If you have to prompt for some information, then you need to provide some form of UI to do that - it already exists within TS as the job instantiation form using the TAG_info() sections, but you could certainly make your own UI for prompting for information, then generate a job-description file using a "template-workflow-template" and then run iwjobc -i on it, or if you're running one of the more recent versions of TeamSite, there's a CLT called iwwft_compile.ipl which can assist you in doing this.
I'm not sure if I answered your question, because I'm still not sure what your question was.
If I didn't manage to answer it - please try to put more context / content in your message
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com