Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
User Role
vahu
Hi,
I was looking for a way to find a users role, when he/she is viewing a jsp page in TeamSite. What I mean is that, when a user presses on a jsp page, which is virtualized in a new window, how can I on that page find the role of the user.
Sure there must be a way. What I thought of was, to find the frame in the main TeamSite GUI in the right top corner, where it usually states iw_userrole: iw_username. Or is there any javascript varaiable that I can access ? Any knows how to access that frame ?
regards
Saya
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I
believe
that there's a cookie available named iw_role with this information. However, I've never tried to read it from a normal, virtualized page. I've only processed it from custom menu items. So it may not be there. But it's someplace to start.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K